Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Aaron's Awards for the 2014-15 season


I may be wrong, but I will stand by my opinion and support it with facts. If you have your own opinion, great. I will supply facts for both sides. I hope you enjoy this annual edition of Aaron's Awards.

Rookie Of The Year: This one I think is pretty obvious. It is down to 2 players really. Many people put Nikola Mirotic and Elfrid Payton in this race but I don't think they are in there. I don't agree with Payton because he averages under 10 PPG. Wiggins averages about 7 more PPG than him. Mirotic averages around 10 PPG so I don't think that he should either knowing that Wiggins averages around 17. Now you say, how can Noel be in it if he averages about 10 PPG? Noel is great on defense and is probably one of the best defensive players in the league. Knowing that Noel has been great on Defense and Offense, that puts him ahead of Mirotic. Looking at Andrew Wiggins though, he averages about the same amount of points as John Wall does. That's pretty good. Not to mention, Noel gets his points on Dunks and Post-ups mainly. Wiggins can score in so many different ways. He can score with Isolation, Post-up, Drives, and Spot-ups. Wiggins is just a better offensive player. It's a close race. Who is my winner though?
Winner: Andrew Wiggins

Sixth Man Of The Year: Okay, we are sick of Jamal Crawford winning this award. You got to love Louis Williams, sometimes. Actually, I don't really like this guy. I do have to say though, Jamal does great things all the time, it's just that Lou has had more of the headlines. What I'm saying is that Louis has never been like this before so he deserves it more than Jamal.
Winner: Louis Williams

Defensive Player Of The Year: Wow, this one is tough. You have Marc Gasol, DeAndrea Jordan, Rudy Gobert, and Draymond Green. I will tell you right now, do not compare their defensive ratings for this award because your defensive rating is affected by your teammates. I do have to say though, Draymond Green is probably the best defender out of all of them. He doesn't just guard in the paint, which is waht all these other defenders do. He comes out and will guard on the perimeter too. That is why I have to say that Green should get it
Winner: Draymond Green

Most Improved Player: Draymond Green has improved and so has Jimmy Butler. But the title "most improved player" meens the most improved guy. I honestly think it is Hassan Whiteside. Hassan is averaging a double-double and is a great defender. He is not averaging that many blocks, but he is averaging the second most in blocks per 48 minutes. He is a great defender. Hassan Has exceeded everyones' expectations more than he has for anyone else. Just ask yourself, would you expect Hassan to put up his number more than Jimmy Butler's. No. Most of you would be like, who is Hassan Whiteside, before the season. That is why I think Whiteside should get this award.
Winner: Hassan Whiteside

Most Valuable Player: You really can't go wrong with either James Harden or Stephen Curry. I thought Stephen Curry was MVP, then James had his 50 point nights. Then Curry started doing better. I have to hand it to Curry though. He broke the NBA most three pointers in a season and lead his team to the best record. Jame didn't do that. Sure, he is doing great with free throws and scoring, but he hasn't lead his team to the best record. That is why Curry is my MVP.
Winner: Stephen Curry

Those are my awards. Comment below. Do you agree, or disagree. Explain why you agree or diagree. I am interested to hear the opinions of the rest of the NBA population. Remember, these are my opinions mixed with facts. Support your own opinions with facts.

2 comments:

  1. god are you stupid, curry had klay and draymon, to help him score all his points,,,,, who does james harden have???????? its not howard because he was sitting on the side lines watching him score and win for the team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what your getting at Jaydan, but Curry has averaged these number with his teammates. I think that you have to look at if Curry was in Harden's position, would he be able to do that. I think he would. But I agree with Harden. You can't really go wrong either way

      Delete