This game was a double overtime thriller with ton of clutch shots by multiple players. Everybody seemed to be hitting shots and it seemed like some players just couldn't miss. At the end of the 4th, Kevin Durant hit a 3-pointer that ties up the game. Then Victor Oladipo hit a 3 to put them up. With only 3.9 seconds left. The shot was really impressive as he drove and then stepped-back to hit the open shot. So with 3.9 seconds and no timeouts left, Russell Westbrook hits a bank shot in between halfcourt and the 3 point line to put the game into overtime. There were many more plays that went into overtime, but this to me was the best part of the game.
Victor Oladipo Is An All-Star
Last night, Victor Oladipo had a triple-double. His 21 points, 10 assists, 13 rebounds, 1 block, and 3 steals really helped any fantasy owners that owned him. While he racked up so many stats and hit so many big shots, he only shot 29.6% from the field, and 30% from deep. He really needs to shoot better from the field if the Magic expect to win a lot of games. Despite Oladipo's great performance, I think his shooting was the main reason why they lost this game. However, if Oladipo continues to put up these great numbers, I do see him making the all-star team this season.
Kevin Durant Is Back!
KD was looking great. This game, he didn't have Kawhi Leonard blocking and contesting his shots, and Durant was knocking tons of shots down. He had 43 points on 15-30 shooting on the night and 10-11 on free throws. He also did really well on the boards, getting 12 rebounds, and he really showed off his defense as he had 2 blocks and 1 steal. It was clear that he was the difference maker in that game and lead his team in that comeback as he fought alongside...
Westbrook did really well in the game as he had 48 points, 8 assists, and 11 rebounds. What did Westbrook do that really helped this Thunder team? He did great on the offensive rebounds. His 5 offensive rebounds were great and really helped the team. The whole team was on the offensive rebounds though. The team had a total of 22 offensive rebounds. One thing concerning about Westbrook last year was his shooting. He really took good shots in this game and shot 47.2% in this game. However, his 3-point shooting could improve as he shot 1-5 from deep. The other thing is Westbrook's turnovers. He had 6 turnovers in the game and that is something he can also improve on.
How About Them Magic Starter Kids?
The starting 5 for the Magic really played well. They had a combined total of 113 points. 4 of the starters had over 20 points. That is pretty impressive. They really had a great night, especially Tobias Harris 30 points and 9 rebounds. I was very impressed by this starting 5 and I expect them to have a great season. If there is an exciting team to watch this season, it is going to be the Magic. So far I haven't been disappointed by this team.
- The Thunder were a little disappointing with the fact that they only had 19 assists on their 139 points. Hopefully we see some more assists in more games to come.
- Aaron Gordon had a nice performance off the bench with 15 points. Gordon will be a big key to Orlando's success this season.
- D.J. Augustin had 12 points and 5 assists off the bench and was a big part of that comeback run. It was really nice to see someone other than Durant or Westbrook contributing to the team.
- The Thunder really had a big advantage on the boards as they had 62 rebounds, versus the Magic's 49 rebounds. If the Thunder continue to crash the boards like that, they are going to have lots of success.
- Durant and Westbrook had a combined total 91 points. While their performances were great, the rest of the team really needs to get involved. I would like to see more from Ibaka who had an under performance of 8 points.